Much of Ilchi Lee’s philosophy stems from his experience with the ancient Korean tradition of Sundo, an experience that confirmed for him the transformative nature of universal energy.
In the human body, universal energy flows through meridians and gathers in chakras. Often called ki, qi, chi, or prana in Asian countries, it serves as a bridge between body and mind. Ilchi Lee has often lectured on three main Energy Principles:
1. Shim Ki Hyul Jung: From Mind to MatterEnergy follows the direction of your mind, moves your blood, and makes creation in reality, both in your body and in your life. This principle reminds us to pay attention to what we are thinking and of its power to create our lives.
2. Seu Sung Hwa Gang: Water Up, Fire Down Water energy from our kidneys goes up our back to keep the head cool and clear and the chest comfortable. Fire Energy originating in our heart goes down our front to keep the lower body warm and healthy.
3. Jung Choong Ki Jang Shin Myung: From Health to Happiness to Peace. Through stabilizing your physical health, you will purify your emotional energy, leaving a clear mind that will light up your spiritual energy.
Recently, Ilchi Lee has referred to universal energy as LifeParticles, a concept he believes better fits the current rapid evolution in human consciousness and flow of information. According to Ilchi Lee, “within every living being, kernels of ki (life energy) vibrate at infinitely varied frequencies, giving rise to the universe as we know it. I call these LifeParticles, the smallest unit comprising all life. These particles move through space and time to transmit the information that gives rise to the diverse phenomena of life.”
From a visual perspective, LifeParticles are expressed as grains of brightly shining light or as a light powder. While deep in meditation, Ilchi Lee saw the source of LifeParticles as the LifeParticle Sun, seen in this image. This Sun emanates a steady stream of LifeParticles, which revives and heals all creation. It represents the purest, clearest energy, the source of love and creative power.
“The brain represents the infinity opportunity … our powers are endless if we understand, harness and empower ourselves to look inside…”
In the continual development of his principles for cultivating an Awakened Brain, Ilchi Lee recently introduced a simple method for empowerment and self-healing which he calls “MindScreen Meditation.” This method is directly connected to Ilchi Lee’s teachings about Energy Principles, especially those on LifeParticles.
The MindScreen is a spatial representation of an Awakened Brain, an infinite internal arena where all mental activity and creation takes place unrestricted by time or space. It is the space where LifeParticles are active, the passage through which they travel, and the governing body that transports them.
While engaged in MindScreen Meditation, an individual strengthens and develops the chakra known as the “third-eye.” Located between the eyebrows and connected to the pineal gland in the brain, the third eye can be considered a gateway to greater insight and wisdom. Here the evocation of mental images having deeply personal or spiritual significance take place.
One such image came to Ilchi Lee while meditating at the top of Bell Rock, a famous red rock formation in Sedona, Arizona. At that time Ilchi Lee’s third eye and MindScreen were powerfully enhanced, as depicted in the image to the right.
In order to practice MindScreen Meditation effectively, one should understand:
(1) What energy (ki) is and how it feels;
(2) That LifeParticles are particles of Energy;
(3) The Universal “Mind” is the Source of LifeParticles and the root creative force;
(4) Thought is information and potentiality, the product of Mind;
(5) Reality is manifestation of thought;
(6) The MindScreen is each individual’s reflection of the Universal Mind;
(7) The MindScreen is a canvas for creating reality and a tool of design;
(8) LifeParticles are carriers of intention; and
(9) LifeParticles can be transferred from one person to others.
Books & More