The world around you may feel like chaos, but what is going on inside you? Did you check today?
You may already know that any change you seek in your life or in the world needs to begin with yourself. But where does the strength to change yourself come from? How do you find that elusive “inner peace”?
That strength and peace are already part of your original nature, but it’s like a talent that needs to be exercised in order to be fully realized. You exercise this true nature when you connect with yourself deeply and regularly through meditation. In this post, I offered simple exercises for mindfully connecting to your body. Now, I would like to share with you how to connect with your soul.
Yes, within you is a very pure, noble soul. Your soul is the bright and pure energy you’re born with, which resides in your heart chakra in the center of your chest. It’s pure love and compassion, free of attachments or conditions, victim consciousness or selfishness. Your soul is your guiding conscience.Your soul is the bright and pure energy in your heart that you’re born with. It’s pure love and compassion, free of attachments or conditions, victim consciousness or selfishness. Your soul is your guiding conscience. Click To Tweet
Soul energy can be small and caged, or it can be big and free. Those whose soul energy is vigorously active have healthy bodies and minds. They’re just peaceful and joyful for no particular reason. Their hearts are full, and their hearts and minds are integrated. On the other hand, those who cannot realize their selves will feel blocked and empty.
Also found around in your chest is emotional energy. Your emotions are not your soul. Heavy and negative emotions cover your soul, keeping it small and preventing you from hearing its voice.
Often, you need to let go of these emotions, which stem from your thoughts, worries, and past experiences, in order for your soul to expand and express itself. This does not need to be difficult. It can be as simple as turning over your hand, as in this meditation from my book Connect: How to Find Clarity and Expand Your Consciousness with Pineal Gland Meditation.
Letting Go Meditation
- Relax your body, and sit with your back straight and your hands on your knees.
- Close your eyes and steady your breathing.
- Bring one hand in front of your chest, with your cupped palm facing upward toward the sky. Imagine this cup you make with your hand as your soul.
- See all of the attachments and negative emotions you have go in the cup of your soul.
- Now, it’s time to release them. Count to three in your mind and turn your palm down, pouring everything out. Completely let go of everything that burdened and troubled your soul.
- Put your hands on your knees and look inside yourself. What are you feeling in your heart right now? Give thanks to everything you have experienced in your life, both good and bad, bitter and sweet, for it has been meaningful and has taught you.
- Let peace from this knowledge begin to spread in your heart, letting it grow the seed of your soul.
- Finish with three deep breaths.
Once you have less emotional energy around your soul, you can communicate with it. You and your soul can converse with words. You can tell your soul how grateful you are and how much you love it. Or you can connect with the language of energy—feeling. Use the following meditation from Connect to feel your soul.
Feeling the Soul Energy in Your Heart
Start with this exercise for feeling energy between your hands to put your mind in that space:
- Then close your eyes and slowly bring the palms of your hands in front of your chest. Leave about two inches between your palms and your chest.
- Imagine the subtle energy of your body being emitted from your palms and flowing into your chest.
- As you do this, focus your mind in your chest, which holds the energy of your soul and your emotions. Notice how your chest feels. The more your chest feels tense or stuffy, the more your emotional energy is predominating and the energy of your soul is contracting.
- Continuing to concentrate your mind on your chest, repeat to yourself, “My soul . . . my soul . . . my soul.” If you get a feeling of connection, say this to your soul: “I love you. I love you, my soul.” And, with the utmost sincerity, offer an apology to your soul: “I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were always there. I was disconnected from you. I’m really sorry.” Relax and exhale through your mouth strongly to release any old, stagnant energy.
- Now tell your soul anything you’ve been wanting to say. You may feel your soul’s energy gradually reviving and fully filling your chest. Keep focusing on that feeling.
- Continue sending energy into your chest, imagining that your soul energy is spreading to your whole body.
- Now slowly move your palms over your body, a couple of inches away, sending energy as you go. Think of a ray of energy, like a beam of light, coming out of your hands. Try to feel the energy of each part of your body being activated.
- Finally, bring your palms back in front of your chest, sending energy to your soul. Visualize the bright, golden soul energy in your heart spreading out to your face, arms, legs—your whole body. Your body is gradually being transformed into an energy body. It will feel progressively lighter, brighter, and more transparent, as if your physical body has disappeared. That is the feeling of the energy body.
- Finally, slowly lower your hands onto your knees, take a deep breath, and exhale as you open your eyes.
What did you feel through this energy meditation? If you don’t feel any changes in your chest the first time you try to communicate with your soul, don’t worry. Keep trying to connect and you will soon feel it. Some days it may be more difficult than others, but your soul will answer your sincerity in the end.
Whatever your circumstances, you can be unhappy or you can have hope. You can choose hope, positivity, and resilience if you maintain your connection to our soul. Imagine how happy and peaceful you could be if you made some time to visit with your soul every day.
- Connecting with Yourself Is More Important Than Anything Else
- Hongi for Hongik: Making Maori Connections
- What Is the Soul?
- Spontaneity, Creativity, & Joy: Connecting to the Divine
- Find Eternal Love When Your Heart Joins with the Great Spirit